Nick Cox Yacht Chandler are recruiting for a full time Sales Assistant to join our chandlery in Lymington Yacht Haven. This position will be working amongst a team of marine experts, supplying a range of chandlery products to the local area. You will have responsibilities of a retail assistant from being a cashier, answering customers questions, advising on products, stocking shelves and providing excellent customer service at all times.
Nick Cox Yacht Chandler is part of the Sea Front Marine Group, a locally owned group of businesses based in the south coast. We are a retail business specialising in the sale of marine products with a wide range of general maintenance items, specialist marine paints, chandlery, charts, and clothing.
This position will be based in the chandlery in Lymington and is full time 07:30 to 17:45, on a rotating 4 day week basis.
- Managing the till, processing customer purchases by card or cash
- Keeping on top of stock levels throughout the chandlery, topping up levels, and pricing new products
- Taking customer requests and carrying them out to the highest of standards
- Supporting the team to fulfil all customer and shop requirements
- Interact with customers on the shop floor
- Abide by all health and safety procedures
Requirements for the position:
- Retail experience is not essential in this position
- Be a knowledgeable sailor, yachts person or boating enthusiast with excellent marine knowledge
- Be a confident, friendly and helpful person
- Able to take initiative and have an excellent work ethic
- Be positive with interacting with customers and co-workers
Due to our industry and the nature of this position we will only be able to consider someone with good knowledge and understanding of yachts, boats, sailing, and/or marine products.
This position would be suitable for someone with experience across Marine, Sailing, Boating, or have worked as a Retail Assistant, Sales Assistant, Receptionist, Administration, Shop Assistant, Sales Administrator, Store Assistant.