YouBoat Marine are recruiting for a Sales Assistant to join our chandlery in Gosport Marina. This position will be working amongst a team of marine experts, supplying a range of chandlery products to the local area. You will have full retail assistant responsibilities including being a cashier, answering customers questions, advising on products, stocking shelves, and providing excellent customer service at all times.
YouBoat Marine, part of the Sea Front Marine Group, is a 4000 sq ft chandlery shop based in the Premier Gosport Marina. You will find the staff at YouBoat extremely helpful, as everyone has a good knowledge of the marine industry, and have plenty of experience on the water themselves, so can answer any question customers may have with relevant advice. Joining our team means offering a wealth of sailing and boating knowledge to the local community.
This position will consider both full time and part time applicants. Please confirm your preference at application. The shops opening hours are 8:30am to 5pm every day. Both full-time and part-time roles will include working weekends, you will be given a rota by the Shops Management.
- Managing the till, processing customer purchases by card or cash
- Keeping on top of stock levels throughout the chandlery, topping up levels, and pricing new products
- Taking customer requests and carrying them out to the highest of standards
- Supporting the team to fulfil all customer and shop requirements
- Interact with customers on the shop floor
- Abide by all health and safety procedures
Requirements for the position:
- Retail experience is not essential in this position
- Being a knowledgeable sailor, yachts person or boating enthusiast with excellent marine knowledge is essential for this position
- Be a confident, friendly and helpful person
- Able to take initiative and have an excellent work ethic
- Be positive with interacting with customers and co-workers
Due to our industry and the nature of this position we will only be able to consider someone with good knowledge and understanding of yachts, boats, sailing, and/or marine products.
This position would be suitable for someone with experience across Marine, Sailing, Boating, and have worked as a Retail Assistant, Sales Assistant, Receptionist, Administration, Shop Assistant, Sales Administrator, Store Assistant.