About the position
This is an exciting stepping stone for the right person looking for a position with plenty of room for progression in the world of Digital Marketing and E-Commerce. Our business is an established but expanding group of multi-channel marine retailers, that includes the chandleries YouBoat Marine, Nick Cox Yacht Chandler, Spares Marine and C-Front Trading.
We are a fun, motivated team filled with hardworking staff who are excited for a new team member to join us as soon as possible. We sell a large range of products for boats from paint to safety equipment, to a wide variety of leisure and trade customers.
Your main focus will be to produce captivating digital marketing content in line with our marketing and promotional strategy for use across our social media platforms, email marketing, and website. You’ll be the first point of contact for website customers, dealing with phone enquiries managing the websales email inbox, eBay messaging and website Live Chat. You will also assist with maintaining consistency, quality and accuracy across the website and stock systems.
We work in a very fast-paced and constantly evolving environment and need someone who likes a challenge. This role will keep you on your toes and give you the unique opportunity to handle ecommerce platforms from the start of digital content creation and marketing, all the way up to converting this work into sales.
What You’ll Do
- Produce marketing emails in line with promotions and product launches, that drive our brand reputation and maximise sales opportunities.
- Create, edit, and format images for use on our website.
- Create social media posts across our different platforms.
- Understanding our target customers – their needs, priorities, and passions – and deliver content that compels them to purchase.
- Run the live chat function on our website, answering product questions and directing enquiries as appropriate.
- Look after the websales email inbox and eBay messaging, dealing with queries and forwarding these on where necessary.
- Assist with the writing of product descriptions and website copy.
- Use your graphic design skills to produce appealing designs for use online and in print.
- Update and maintain product stock files using our stock management system.
- Gather customer reviews to maintain our excellent online reputation.
- Keep up to date on new and emerging trends, formats, and channels for content to help inform future campaigns and strategies.
- General admin and customer service duties to assist with business needs as required.
Qualification & Skills Requirements
To be successful in this role, you will need to be dedicated and have a proactive approach to your work whilst being able to use own initiative. You will need to be passionate about your role and provide attention to detail and on-time delivery. High standard organisational skills are key!
- Marketing Degree or equivalent qualification with excellent knowledge of marketing theory and best practice
- A good working knowledge of the major social media platforms.
- Awareness of SEO principles would be an advantage.
- A creative flair for creating engaging written, photographic, and video content.
- Proficient in the use of photo editing software and graphic design programs.
- An eye for detail and good proofreading skills.
- Organised, and able to multi-task when juggling a varied workload.
- Ability to take direction, work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and be willing to help in other areas of the business as required.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Computer literate.
- English Language and Maths GCSEs Grade C or above
- Knowledge of sailing or the marine industry
- Magento 2 Experience
- eBay Seller Experience
- Amazon Seller Experience
- Mailchimp Experience
- Facebook Business Manager
- Google Analytics and AdWords
- Customer Service Experience
- An evolving role in an established but expanding company with progression opportunities.
- Full training, to enable you to excel in your new role.
- Team social events.
- Free parking.
- Pension plan.
- 30 days holiday.
- Staff discount.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£23,000.00 per year